detention - Meaning in tamil
Meaning of detention in tamil
- தடுப்பு தடுப்புக்காவல்
the action of detaining someone or the state of being detained in official custody, especially as a political prisoner. ( தடுத்து வைக்கப்பட்டுள்ள அல்லது உத்தியோகபூர்வ காவலில் இருக்கும் ஒருவரின் நிலை, குறிப்பாக ஒரு அரசியல் கைதி. )
- Rivkin was serving the first weekend of a nine month periodic detention sentence. ( ரிவ்கின் ஒன்பது மாத கால வீட்டுக் காவலின் முதல் வார இறுதியில் பணியாற்றி வந்தார். )
- She has in my view made up a story of arrest and detention between May and September 1999. ( மே மற்றும் செப்டம்பர் 1999 க்கு இடையில் எனது பார்வையில் கைது மற்றும் தடுப்புக்காவல் கதையை அவர் உருவாக்கியுள்ளார். )
- At the end of every week at least one of us always had to stay after school for detention . ( ஒவ்வொரு வாரத்தின் முடிவிலும் குறைந்தது ஒருவர் வீட்டுக் காவலுக்காக பள்ளிக்குப் பிறகு எப்போதும் தங்க வேண்டியிருந்தது. )
- Of course, teachers responded to his pranks and high jinks with wrath and hours of detention . ( நிச்சயமாக, ஆசிரியர்கள் தங்கள் நகைச்சுவைகளுக்கும் உயர் நகைச்சுவைகளுக்கும் கோபத்துடனும், பல மணிநேர தடுப்புக்காவலுடனும் பதிலளித்தனர். )
- He was sentenced to periods of detention in a Young Offenders' Institution. ( அவர் ஒரு இளைஞர் குற்றவாளிகள் நிறுவனத்தில் காவலில் வைக்கப்பட்டார். )
- Thousands are being held at huge detention camps set up by US forces around Baghdad.
- he has made students fear after-school detention
- one of the effects of police detention is isolation from friends and family
- she got detention for not having her books
- Firstly, if a person is not currently in detention , they can be detained at any time.
- They also will be given notice of the basis for their detention , officials said.
- Her advice ends up being to score herself and Zeke both an hour's detention after school.
- His detention in custody beyond his criminal sentences has gone on long enough.
- to be in detention
- Then I turned my back on him and wouldn't talk to him for the rest of the detention .
- Surely measures short of detention should be tried first and detention should be regarded as the last resort.
- the fifteen people arrested were still in police detention
- I have accepted that the appellant was detained and assaulted whilst in detention .
- The effect of the original bill would also have been to allow house arrest and detention without trial.
- teachers were divided as to the effectiveness of detention
- Police and security forces continued to deny the arrest and detention .
- In two circumstances, however, the custody officer may authorise continued detention .
- That would obviously not be a rational justification for doubting the evidence of the arrest and detention .
- His army medical records note that immediately after his arrest he was examined and found to be fit for detention .
- The appellant was not under arrest or detention at the time the question was asked.
- The adjudicator surmises that if the appellant were in detention the police would not be searching for him.
- With a history of military service and labour detention camps, these provisions are not surprising.
- The detention of all mandatory life prisoners in open conditions is subject to automatic review.
- News of the detentions provoked outrage among school students, teachers and school administrators.
- It took forever for me to convince my parents to let me go, no help from the few suspensions and many detentions .