आज का शब्द - Word of The Day
- Pardon the mixed metaphor, but as those of us who rode the roller coaster from start to finish know, this isn't, alas, a team that's mastered the art of the cakewalk . ( मिश्रित रूपक को क्षमा करें, लेकिन हम में से जो रोलर कोस्टर पर सवार होकर शुरू से अंत तक जानते हैं, यह नहीं है, अफसोस, एक टीम जो काकवॉक की कला में महारत हासिल करती है। )
- Today the soon-to-be Senate majority leader suggested things won't necessarily be a cakewalk for his own party in the new Senate. ( आज जल्द ही सीनेट के बहुसंख्यक नेता ने सुझाव दिया कि जरूरी चीजें नए सीनेट में उनकी अपनी पार्टी के लिए जरूरी नहीं होंगी। )
- As the troupe becomes even more successful, their stage set at the Maxwell Theater features a huge Sambo backdrop through whose grinning mouth the minstrels cakewalk onto the stage. ( जैसे ही मंडली और भी सफल हो जाती है, मैक्सवेल थियेटर में स्थापित उनके मंच पर एक विशाल सैम्बो पृष्ठभूमि दिखाई देती है, जिसके मंच से टकराते हुए टकसाल केवेकल के मुंह से होती है। )
- ‘To get established was not easy, it was not a cakewalk for me,’ she admits. ( C स्थापित करना आसान नहीं था, यह मेरे लिए काकवॉक नहीं था, 'वह मानती हैं। )
- Starting with footage shot by Thomas Edison (yes, the Thomas Edison), this magnificent compilation takes us from dances like the cakewalk to the jitterbug.
- New to audiences might be the fact that the lindy hop, along with the Charleston, cakewalk , minstrel blues and boogie-woogie, was not originally called swing, but rather jazz.
- ‘I knew from day one of joining the four-month course that passing the exam would be a cakewalk ,’ he says, with a twinkle in his eyes.
- winning the game won't be a cakewalk
- I don't think it's going to be a cakewalk for us to stay there.
- Tell me again why the Liberals are expected to cakewalk through the coming election?
- Although I suspect the match will be a cakewalk , we are going to take it very seriously.
- winning the league won't be a cakewalk for them
- Her dance revue, Le Jazz Hot, included vernacular forms like the shimmy, black bottom, shorty george and the cakewalk .
- My Spanish exam was a cakewalk , I finished in about 20 minutes.
- I learned that the cakewalk , a highstepping dance, began on Southern plantations in the 1840s.
- The fact that the guard was a thin man considerably shorter than Walker made the task seem like a cakewalk .
- And so has this story, this investigation, this scandal, changed the election from what was a cakewalk into now possibly a defeat for the prime minister?
- For his city-dwelling clients, the climb isn't such a cakewalk .
- As tough as it may be to get hired in political science, it's a cakewalk compared to getting a position in, say, English departments.
- It's the psychological condition that allowed them and their followers to convince themselves that invading and occupying a large but dysfunctional country would be a cakewalk .
- It annoys us a bit that some people assumed that after beating Cork this would be a bit of a cakewalk for us, that we'd go up there and beat them well.
- As a cultural form, the cakewalk originated on the antebellum plantation as a key vehicle of black resistance against enslavement.
- But fortunately, for even the most dunderheaded of theatre-goers - your reviewer included - acting in this play should prove a cakewalk .
- Dream ballets and integrated dance numbers replaced flashy kick lines, and for a while, it looked as if tap would go the way of the cakewalk and the waltz, pretty much disappearing from our musical theater.
- It was not exactly a cakewalk for the actresses either: ‘There is a lot of Urdu used in the film and we had to work on our diction as well as dance for the songs.’
- It arose in the slavery period as an accompaniment to plantation dances like the cakewalk .
- I don't think anybody knows how long it would take, and I don't think anybody should go on the impression that it's going to be easy or a cakewalk or whatever those phrases are that people use.
- Let's just get this part over with, then the rest will be a cakewalk .
- But that does not mean that Roberts’ trip to the high bench will be a cakewalk , nor should it be.
Quotes of The Day
खुद वो बदलाव बनिए जो आप दुनिया में देखना चाहते हैं।
Be the change that you wish to see in the world.
ਉਹ ਤਬਦੀਲੀ ਬਣੋ ਜੋ ਤੁਸੀਂ ਸੰਸਾਰ ਵਿੱਚ ਦੇਖਣਾ ਚਾਹੁੰਦੇ ਹੋ।
وہ تبدیلی بنیں جو آپ دنیا میں دیکھنا چاہتے ہیں۔
உலகில் நீங்கள் காண விரும்பும் மாற்றமாக இருங்கள்.
మీరు ప్రపంచంలో చూడాలనుకుంటున్న మార్పుగా ఉండండి.