अँकोड़ा - Meaning in English
Meaning of अँकोड़ा in English
- moor (a ship) to the sea bottom with an anchor.
- act as an anchor for (a television program or sporting event).
- a heavy object attached to a rope or chain and used to moor a vessel to the sea bottom, typically one having a metal shank with a ring at one end for the rope and a pair of curved and/or barbed flukes at the other.
- an anchorman or anchorwoman, especially in broadcasting or athletics.
- Her anchor chains are on trailers at dockside and her huge oil transfer hoses are nowhere to be seen.
- The weekend had a few moments of fun, but most of the time I felt like a drifting ship waiting for the anchor to hit bottom or snag on something solid.
- Although permission was granted last year for that development, work has yet to begin on the 14-acres site even though anchor tenant Woodies has already signed up.
- Sophie, who has a degree in war studies and an MA in broadcast journalism, will be using her previous experience as presenter of Midlands Today to anchor the new programme from the studio.
- That analysis provided an anchor for negotiations.
- The 65,000 sq ft Harvey Nichols store is the anchor tenant for the new fashion street The Walk, off Saint Andrew Square, which will have a total of 27 outlets.
- Let's begin by looking at a recent discussion on these issues I had last week with veteran CBS news anchor Walter Cronkite.
- He also has the credit of being the youngest artiste to anchor television programmes.
- New equipment including GPS and an electronic navigation chart system was put to work and the anchor and cable were nominally relocated.
- An unnamed supermarket will be the anchor tenant of the shopping complex, which is set to transform the commercial life of the town as its population expands.
- The metronome set to the macro beat will provide a rhythmic anchor for the student.
- The total effect was surprisingly focused and intimate, with Gabriel's confessional singing style providing an emotional anchor for the ever-shifting visuals.