abbey - Meaning in Hindi
Meaning of abbey in Hindi
- बौद्ध मठ
- ईसाई मठ
a large church together with a group of building where religious communities of monks or nuns. (भवन के एक समूह के साथ एक बड़ा चर्च जहां भिक्षुओं या ननों के धार्मिक समुदाय हैं।)
- The abbey and college are also Ryedale's second largest employer and trustees are asking planners to consider the benefits to the local economy. (ऐबीऔर कॉलेज भी रायडेल के दूसरे सबसे बड़े नियोक्ता हैं और न्यासी योजनाकारों से स्थानीय अर्थव्यवस्था के लाभों पर विचार करने के लिए कह रहे हैं।)
- The great church doors at the very end of the abbey were opened, and Evangelina Stiles was coming in on the hand of her father, the Stiles cigarette baron himself.
- After his official welcome, both at the old abbey and the cathedral, he received the freedom of the city at the Town Hall.
- They prayed for everyone in the abbey and the community at large.
- Before it was a cathedral, back in medieval times, it was an abbey , Gerrie explains.
- On one of our last days we found ourselves in a church we'd never heard of, the abbey of Mozac near Clermont-Ferrand.
- He has traveled around the world recruiting for his abbey 's Catholic seminary.
- Some of the monks leave the abbey to serve mass, speak at other religious communities, and to collect materials for the workshops.
- And so it came about that it was Norman monks who established the abbey .
- The Benedictine abbey is long gone but the eleventh-century church remains, and is one of the finest survivors of the Romanesque in France.
- He has attended several retreats at the abbey , run by the Catholic order of Benedictine monks.
- Æthelbald, king of Mercia, had a church built over his tomb, which later became the abbey of Crowland.
- The annual service is held at a different abbey or cathedral in the UK every year.
- He gained greater freedom in 1867 when the monastery was made an abbey and he was appointed abbot as well as a local bishop.
- William was crowned by Archbishop Ealdred on Christmas Day, in Edward's new abbey cathedral at Westminster.
- We do not have a cathedral or abbey and appear to be unable to look after the few historic and protected buildings that we have in the town, a town which most people seem to like and are proud of.
- A few years after, and probably in response to, the foundation of the abbey , this church became an Augustinian priory.
- He pointed to the space between the two towers of the abbey church.
- Inside the abbey people sat quietly in the choir stalls or on chairs in front of lit candles, absorbed in prayer or contemplation.
- Aelred, a friend and follower of St. Bernard, defined holy friendship for the monks of his abbey .
- A native and monk of Sherborne, Stephen joined the abbey of Molesme near Dijon.
- There is no finer example of the medieval reuse of Roman spolia than in the abbey church at Hexham in Northumberland.
- The abbey was founded in 1132 and monks lived in it for 400 years until Henry VIII's dissolution of the monasteries.
- The abbey church still stands and is the burial place of Robert the Bruce.
- The monasteries and abbeys were the basis of church life.
- Internally the decoration is of a type and standard more usually encountered in abbeys and cathedrals.
- It has a long and glorious history - the earliest chandeliers date to before the Reformation, when they could be found in the cavernous interiors of medieval churches and abbeys across Europe.
- Among all the great places of worship in London - St. Paul's Cathedral, Westminster Abbey , Southwark Cathedral - one of the best known is St. Martin-in-the-Fields.
- Friaries were occupied by friars, abbeys were headed by abbots, priories by priors.
- Her designs can be seen in the cathedrals of St Albans, Exeter, Salisbury and Wells, Bath and Sherborne abbeys , and many churches around the country as well as two venues in America.