absolute majority - Meaning in Hindi
Meaning of absolute majority in Hindi
absolute majority Definition
a majority over all rivals combined; more than half. (संयुक्त सभी प्रतिद्वंद्वियों पर बहुमत; आधे से ज्यादा।)
absolute majority Example
- With more than three quarters of the vote counted in the first round of the Indonesian presidential elections, no candidate has achieved an absolute majority . ( इंडोनेशियाई राष्ट्रपति चुनावों के पहले दौर में तीन से अधिक वोटों की गिनती के साथ, किसी भी उम्मीदवार ने पूर्ण बहुमत हासिल नहीं किया है। )
- The Knesset could, in a no-confidence vote by an absolute majority of its members, oust the prime minister and her or his government. ( केसेट, अपने सदस्यों के पूर्ण बहुमत द्वारा अविश्वास मत में प्रधान मंत्री और उनकी सरकार को बाहर कर सकता है। )
- Thus, the Republican candidate failed to win an absolute majority .
- For all of these, an absolute majority (half of all members plus one) has to vote in favour for the Parliament's voice to be heard.
- This gravitational pull on the media has been further reinforced by the instability and volatility of the Scottish Parliament, where no single party commands an absolute majority .
- For many years, the SPD was able to achieve an absolute majority in the Ruhr, the former heartland of steel and coal production, in which five million people still live.
- Yes, but, your Honour, in the Upper House in the Legislative Council there was a majority but not an absolute majority .
- In the presidential race, however, a candidate must garner an absolute majority to win office, by holding a second round if necessary.
- An absolute majority of RMT members voted for strikes.
- However, even this four-party coalition is not enough for an absolute majority .
- In 1985, it won an absolute majority , enabling the party's candidate at the time, Oskar Lafontaine, to become state prime minister.
- In the parliamentary elections in June of this year the UMP won an absolute majority and has since formed the government.
- The UMP has an absolute majority in the country's National Assembly.
- Now enjoying an absolute majority , the PP government believes it no longer needs such social pacts.
- In a confidence vote last week, the Labour-Progressive Government won an absolute majority of support.
- The conservative Christian Democratic Party gained 12 percent and came close to an absolute majority .
- This latest ballot was necessary after both candidates failed to win an absolute majority in the first ballot held two weeks ago.
- An absolute majority will say yes to this progressive legislation.
- Just months after its triumphal takeover of the Turkish parliament with an absolute majority the AKP faces crisis.
- Greater governmental stability was achieved when the Partido Social Democrata won absolute majorities in 1987 and 1991 and the minority PS government elected in 1995 retained its popularity.